Sunday, December 19, 2010
Can we do it?
Recently I became overwhelmed with the continuously mounting debt that we have and no matter how much budgeting I did I couldn't find something that I could stick to. Until now. Enter YNAB. Yes, You Need A Budget and so did I. I am still on day 4 of the 7 day trial but I already know I will be purchasing it. It has literally made me think about my money differently in the 4 days I have used it. I am realizing slowly that we do not have as much available to play with every month like I thought we did. I am realizing that without buckling down and doing this YNAB plan we may very well never get out of debt because I dont see the bigger picture I only see a 2 week snapshot. I am also realizing that this is what budgeting really is. Planning what you will do with your money today and next week and next month etc. Now instead of looking in the bank account to see if we have enough to buy what I need I look at the budget and see how much I have left from what I set aside in that category. More to come later... children are callin!
Labels:
becoming a SAHM,
Debt,
Planning,
topics
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment