Saturday, November 20, 2010

Knitting Woes

I am definetly not finding it second nature to knit. I am too much of a literal person and I over analyze everything. It is affecting my ability to learn to knit. I have this bad habit of making everything ten times harder than it needs to be by asking myself a million questions.

My first problem was learning to cast on. The book shows the slingshot long tail cast on method . I couldn't continually do the motion. I questioned if I was making the loops too tight and tried to learn this way for about  an hour. I gave up and found the new method I previously told you about. My next problem was learning to knit stitch. I couldn't figure out how tight to make the stitches and am still having a tension problem. Which leads to my third problem which was how to wrap the yarn to control the tension. It doesn't seem to be a huge problem to everyone else based on the amount of information available online compared to when I searched for cast on methods. I'll attempt to knit again now that I think I have a method to wrap the yarn that might work for me. After I master the tension and get nice even rows I will learn and master the purl and start really making something. I'll show pictures on my next post of my wonky work so far but I warn you its disturbingly bad. I guess this is kind of turning into a knitting blog for now. I am just so obsessed with knitting something worth bragging about. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment