Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Warmies Mmmmm

I truly cannot remember what sparked my desire to learn to knit... A few days ago something must have happened but I cannot remember. I became obsessed with learning how to knit to make some gloves, hats, scarves etc. Now? Well by now I am attempting to take over the knitting world. Do I need another hobby? No. lol but I get sucked in and cant get out. Now I want to knit hats and scarves and gloves for my family and for charity. Maybe if I get reallllly good I can sell stuff ;)

I bought the book The chicks with sticks guide to knitting by Nancy Queen and Ellen O'Connell. Let me begin by saying I love the patterns in the book. Now... the instructions... not so much. I found a much better way to 'cast on' online after about 2 hours of trying their 'preferred easier method'. Thankfully they did say that there were 35 other ways to cast on so I went and searched for a different way that would suit me better. Somewhere I came across a tip in the comments about a video on ThreadBanger.com. So Google helped me find what I was looking for and I literally cried out YES! THANK YOU! because I almost gave up completely. This video is the best way to cast on. Period. I tried about 10 different ways. Try it out if you are beginning to knit. Let's see how I progress on this scarf. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment