This movie impacted me. Pun intended LOL I have wanted for so long to cook from scratch more, use less canned products, use more organic cleaning and clothes washing supplies, etc but its hard man. I know what you are thinking. Another person saying they want to better the world but not showing it in their actions. Well you know what you are right. I can't say you are not. For me it is more about what we are doing to ourselves but old habits are hard to break.
I am a hypocrite some times but I am one with good intentions. I do recycle mostly... I need to get a separate bin and then I'll get better about it. I did use cloth diapers for about 7 months but they were damaged :'( I will buy new ones (new to us) for our next baby and use them from start to finish. I have decided that besides underwear and bras I will not buy new clothing and am actually going to check out the local consignment shops this weekend. I want to be even more green but some things are not an option for me. Driving for instance. I couldn't take the train or ride a bike. My commute is 3 hrs a day as it is. My husband could technically ride a bike but he wears a suit to work... you tell him to ride a bike and see how that works for ya.
We are trying to go organic/free range/etc for our meat. The fact that the other meat I was eating didn't taste animal-y is kind of scary. We bought some organic good stuff recently and I made a few common meals I always make. It tastes completely different. More like an animal I would say. Which is disturbing to me to say the least so I've eaten far less meat in general. I don't eat many veggies so I am in a weird position where I am eating tons of bread, cheese, cereal, grains, potatoes, etc. I'll get over it though. I'm going to try some new (meatless) recipes this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment