Friday, November 12, 2010

Work conflicts with my life's endeavors :(

I enjoy what I do. Most days I have a few urgent things to do and lots of research or e-filing to do. There are some days when I feel like my fingers will fall off because I've been entering/adjusting orders or sending emails for hours. Very few days I sit bored out of my mind because all I have is a pile to file and a few emails to answer. On those days I think about my dreams. I want to learn so much and do so much and I simply cant. I have to work to help support our family. Between the time I spend with my siblings and grandmother, my friends, and my immediate family my weekend is gone in a flash. I tried to start sewing again and even bought a ton of patterns that were on sale and some fabric but I found I had no time for the  tedious steps in sewing. It takes hours to get through all the steps and it wont get any easier until I become more experienced and can trace, pin, cut, a pattern in less than an hour. Time... time is my worse enemy. If I had more, I could sew more to become more experienced.

I feel selfish when I get upset because I have to work so much. It's not like I am mad at a specific person. I am just upset in general that life sucks like this and I actually have a decent salary. I think about those that have to work much harder for far less pay and I feel a twinge in my heart for them because they work so hard just to survive day to day. I wish I only had to work 3 days a week. I'd have so much more time for everything I want to do. I'd spend 3 days working, 2 days on my hobbies, and 2 days on family and volunteering. Only in my dreams.

Ain't it sad this American life that is still much better than most others and I am still so disappointed. I want so much more from life. I want to do so much and go so many places and I see it will be near impossible but still I will believe we can make it happen. I want to die with no regrets. My husband and I will somehow do what we gotta do to make it happen. Moving up the pay scale ain't easy but we are in a position to start to make it happen. Wish us luck. Maybe in 5 years I can start to sew my own clothing and make my own shoes and underwear and soaps and candles and become an amazing baker and chef. My dreams are big ya'll I want to do it all. I love crafts and shed a tear every time I buy something mass produced that once used to be made by a man or woman's loving hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment